- PADI AOWD or equivalent
- Minimum age 15 years
- For minors a confirmation signature of a parent or tutor is needed upon registration
- Medical certification for scuba diving or diver medical participant questionary signed in place
Content of course
The PADI Deep Diver specialty course is divided in two parts.
1. PADI e-learning theory
You prepare yourself with the PADI e-learning software at home on your tablet, notebook or PC. We strongly recommend not to study on a small screen of a smartphone. The interactive e-learning will let you read the texts and watch the video and will check your understanding with some knowledge reviews.
The best experience is to study online, however, if you find yourself without internet such as on the beach or while traveling or if you have inconsistent, poor internet services, you may download content to study offline via the PADI Training app. Content can be downloaded in sections for download convenience with a total file size of approximately 185 MB.
The PADI Training app is available for Apple® iOS devices and Android™ devices. It’s best if devices are no more than three generations old.
PADI Deep Diver eLearning provides the basic knowledge for specialized deep diving planning and equipment, managing your gas supply and dealing with gas narcosis, along with the deep diving safety concepts and procedures you’ll apply during the four required dives.
The e-learning software comes in these languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish
2. Practical open water training
This course contains 4 dives and covers the knowledge, skills and techniques for deeper diving. The following is included:
- planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of deep diving
- risk factors and decompression-tables review
- safety stops and emergency decompression procedures
- special equipment, descent lines and buoyancy-control considerations
- procedures for flying after diving and high-altitude diving
- orientation to recompression chambers
For PADI AOWD divers only 3 dives are necessary as you have already absolved one deep dive during your Advanced Open Water Training!
Duration of the course
Minimum 3 days, but dives may also be spread over several days. This course can be started any day.
The price for the PADI Deep Diver e-learning is 140 €
The PADI license fee of 50 € for your PADI Deep Diver e-card is already included in the price for the e-learning.
The price for the practical course is 200 €
For PADI AOWD diver this course comes with only 3 dives for a price of 150 €