- Minimum age 15 years, or 12 years for JUNIOR AOWD license
- Medical certification for scuba diving or medical declaration signed by participant in place
- For minors a confirmation signature of a parent or tutor is needed upon registration
Content of course
The Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD) is a pure practical course to gain more experience in some special areas of scuba diving.
Therefore you have to do 5 dives out of 5 different 'Specialties'. You will have to prepare yourself for each special dive with the AOWD manual. The theory is limited to the preparation of the dives, intensive briefings and debriefings, no classroom modules or final exam.
Obligatory are the dives
Three further dives you may choose of our offered program:
- SMB (Surface Marker Buoy)
- NIGHT diving
- BOAT diving
- PEEK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY
- WRECK diving
- Cavern diving
- DRIFT diving
- SEARCH AND RECOVERY
- DIGITAL UNDER WATER PHOTOGRAPHY
- ENRICHED AIR NITROX
All AOWD dives can be used towards the related specialty courses. So if you do a wreck dive in your AOWD training you will need one dive less for your PADI Wreck Diver specialty. You will save time and money if you combine your AOWD training with some specialties. (See pricelist) And of course any specialty course counts for one dive on the PADI AOWD training. In this case the price for the AOWD will be reduced, please consult by mail if you already have some specialties.
The PADI AOWD manual is included in the course and you can pick it up before course start in our office. We have the manuals available in these languages: English, German, Spanish - other languages on request at least 1 month in advance.
Or you get your manual as online manual right now and begin prepairing your AOWD course from your sofa now!
Now available the PADI AOWD Manual for online study
- For Use On: Tablets, mobile devices and computers (27MB)
- Compatibility: Apple iOS- and Android-based devices; Windows and OS X operating systems
- Internet: Necessary for download to the PADI Library App, online eBook access,to submit Knowledge reviews and for logging training dives on SubaEarth
- Languages available: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Spanish
- Components: Advanced Open Water Diver Manual including knowledge reviews (PDF and online eBook), Slate - Adventures in Diving Multiporpouse Data Carrier (PDF), eTraining Dive Log
Duration of the course
Minimum 2 days, but we recommend to spread the dives over several days of your vacation. You may choose the dates for your AOWD dives as you like, no fixed course schedule necessary.
The price for this course is 280 €
PADI license fee of 45 € will be charged upon successful completion of the course
Get special ANNIVERSARY DISCOUNT of 25€ - book online at least 2 weeks in advance!
Enrole online at least 14 days in advance and get 25€ anniversary discount on practical part of the course!
(This offer is available for OWD-Touch version of the course only)
FAQ Frequent questions
I have the "Open Water" and just some dives, can I attend the PADI AOWD course?
YES, this course is designed to gain experience. If you don't have much practice, we recommend to begin the course with the "Peek performance buoyancy" dive