- Minimum age 15 years (12 - 14 years for Junior Rescue Diver)
- Medical certification for scuba diving or medical declaration signed by participant in place
- For minors a confirmation signature of a parent or tutor is needed upon registration
- PADI EFR license or other equivalent CPR training within the last 2 years
- PADI AOWD or equivalent diving license
- a minimum of 20 logged dives
Content of course
The course consists of theory and practise in avoiding risks, recognising problems on yourself and others, rescue of divers and professional actions after diving accidents.
A total of 5 open water modules (not dives) have to be passed. During the dives we will make you guide groups, take responsibility for other divers, do briefings and debriefings. You will learn how to rescue an unconscious diver to the surface, transport on the surface, salvage into a boat, salvage over a beach and further actions.
As advanced diver being able to assess any situation, to lead groups safely and to take appropriate actions in case of problems or dangers. This course will help you gain more self-assurance in any situation under water and will make you a better and safer diver.
Duration of the course
Minimum 5 days. You may begin your PADI RESCUE training any day.
Fill in our Online Registration and select the PADI Rescue Diver e-learning option. With PADI Rescue Diver e-learning you may start your theory right now at home on your PAD, notebook or PC. All presentations, videos, manual, quizzes and the final exam are included in the Rescue Diver e-learning App.
Watch, listen, read, scroll, tap and interact while you advance your diving knowledge with PADI Rescue Diver e-learningTM. It’s fun, it’s easy and it’s portable. The e-learning integrates the PADI Rescue Diver Manual with the PADI Rescue Diver Video into a powerful, tablet-based learning experience. When you dive in with the e-learning, you’ll learn:
- Self Rescue techniques
- Recognize and manage stress in other divers
- Emergency Management and Equipment
- Rescuing panicked/ unresponsive divers
- Take simple quizzes to make sure you understand the material as you progress.
After you download the e-learning, you don’t need to be online to use it so you can truly learn anytime, anywhere.
- For Use On: Tablets, mobile devices and computer desktop
- Compatibility: Apple iOS- and Android-based devices. Runs in a web browser on PC/Mac in IE or Chrome
- Internet: Necessary only for download to the PADI Library App, to submit Knowledge reviews, quizzes and exams and log training dives on ScubaEarth
- Languages available: English only. (Further languages to follow)
- Components: Rescue Diver e-learning (including videos, knowledge reviews, quizzes and exams) Digital version of PADI Rescue Diver Manual, eTraining Dive Log
The price of the PADI Rescue Diver e-learning App is 140 €
After finishing the theory at home you will only need to attend the practical part of the course during your vacation here in Tenerife and you may enter directly into the sea with your instructor upon arrival.
You may pay by bank transfer, Paypal or credit card.
The PADI license fee of 45 € is already included in the price for the app, therefore this option is 20 € less than the classic option with manual and classroom lessons.
Here in Tenerife you'll need to attend the PADI Rescue Diver course for online students.
The price for this practical part is 250 €
Cylinders and weights are included in this course, any further equipment must be rented as needed in place.